This recipe was shared by Jutri, mum to a gorgeous 3-year-old boy. Jutri is from the Netherlands, loves eating healthy, long walks in nature and practices yoga to keep herself in shape. I can’t get enough of her Instagram feed @juutlovesfood – her dishes are always so interesting and colourful, you simply must go and have a look for yourselves!
I’ve made this soup a few times and it has always been a hit with the rest of the family. I usually substitute the pasta rice for yellow lentils for added protein. The soup is tasty, hearty and nutritious and will leave you feeling energized for the rest of the day!
- 1 big red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium courgettes, roughly chopped
- 3 big tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 heaping tbsp tomato paste
- 1 big bay leaf
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 1/2 cup pasta rice
- 1 1/2 litre vegetable broth
- 1 can cannellini beans (400 gram)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of sunflowerseed oil
- In a big soup pan warm sunflowerseed oil.
- Add onion, carrots and celery and simmer until onions are translucent.
- Add courgette, tomatoes, bay leaf, rosemary and marjoram and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Cook soup on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add pasta rice and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans, pepper and salt and serve!