This recipe was shared by Nele from Belgium, a passionate foodie and photographer.
Follow her on Instagram @groenemonster for more mouth-watering recipes.
LEMON AND SPIRULINA ENERGY BITES
(makes 25 energy bites)
- 180 grams cashews
- 120 grams shredded coconut
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- Extra shredded coconut
- Put the cashews and shredded coconut in a food processor and mix until fully ground.
- Then add the lemon juice, agave syrup, the coconut oil and the vanilla essence.
- Mix until you get a doughy consistency.
- Divide the dough into two parts. Add the tsp of spirulina powder to one half and mix again.
- Put both parts into the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Bring them out and roll into small balls, covering in shredded coconut.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week or store them in the freezer.