This recipe was shared by Chantelle Cauchi, a Law student who is passionate about all things food. Chantelle runs a social venture called Island Eats to inspire others to believe that the balance between fun, healthy dishes and classic treats not only exists but that it is easily achievable in our busy lives.
NEW POTATO AND LENTIL SALAD
- Handful of mixed salad leaves
- 1/3 cup of leftover roasted potatoes
- ¼ cup mixed lentils
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of mozzarella chunks
- salt, pepper, and mixed herbs, to taste
- Handful of cashews
- 1/2 cup basil
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small pot, cook the lentils in the vegetable stock for 30 minutes, or until tender, adding more liquid as needed.
- Once the lentils are cooked, mix with roasted potatoes and toss with salad leaves. Top with chunks of mozzarella.
- For the dressing, blend cashew nuts, basil leaves and olive oil until very smooth. Season to your liking, drizzle over the salad, and enjoy.