This recipe was shared by Nikita Manduca, Maltese foodie, Recipe Creator and Tester. Gluten Free, Sugar Free food blogger and lover who is currently studying as a health coach with Cadence Health Australia.
RAW ENERGY SEED BARS
This is a simple and quick recipe that is full of healthy fats and protein!
1/3 cup pecans/walnuts
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup flaxseed
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1.5 cup dates
1-2 tbsp water/coconut oil (if needed)
- Start by adding everything apart from the dates, raisins and water/oil into a food processor.
- Keep a small quantity of each ingredient aside to add at the end and process until everything starts to stick together.
- If the mixture is too dry, add more dates or more water/oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix in by hand.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and press the mixture into an even, 2cm thick layer. Alternatively, you can also roll the mixture into small balls to enjoy as bliss balls.
- Place in the freezer until set and ready to enjoy.