This recipe is shared by Ashley Collins (from Melbourne, Australia), a former event coordinator, turned full-time Mum of two, food blogger, recipe developer and photographer. Studying holistic health coaching, Ashley is following her true passion to create nourishing healthy whole food recipes that people can feel good about eating and feeding their families.
Her recipes are free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar … because when you eat well, you feel well!
Visit Ashley’s blog full of delicious healthy recipes: www.nourishmemum.com
Follow Ashley on Instagram: @nourishmemum
ROASTED CARROT DIP
Yields 1 cup
- 3 large organic carrots (2 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (can sub with olive oil, however this has a heavier flavour)
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees celcius
- Wash and trim tops of carrots, but leave skin on
- Halve carrots and chop into 1” pieces
- Add carrots and coconut oil to roasting pan or baking sheet
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender and crisp
- Set aside to cool
- In your food processor combine cooled carrots, parsley, lemon juice and zest, garlic powder and salt. Blend on high speed until combined and broken down. Slowly add avocado oil while processor is running until dip becomes smooth and loose.
- Season with pepper to taste and additional salt or lemon if needed.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley and veggies