This recipe was shared by Gina Capitoni. Gina is a blogger from Germany who is passionate about healthy plant based food. She works as a wholefood Chef and as a yoga instructor and leads a holistic lifestyle. You can follow her for more on her blog HeartyBite
ROASTED PUMPKIN & WALNUT BUTTER
- 2 cups roasted walnuts
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree (simply roast the squash for 30 mins with coconut oil and blend until smooth)
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, clove)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder / 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs for topping
- Use a food processor or a good quality blender, transfer the nuts and let it run on high speed for 10-15 minutes. Maybe turn off the processor every few minutes to scrape down the sides with a spoon as needed.
- Add dates, sea salt, vanilla, coconut oil and maple syrup until buttery.
- Then add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice – blend for another 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined.
Transfer into a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- Add cacao nibs and extra cinnamon before serving – Voila!