This recipe was shared by Hanna Briffa, 25 year-old mum to a beautiful boy and another on the way! Her gorgeous Instagram account @hannabriffa clearly demonstrates her passion for food, travel and photography. This little lady is definitely one to watch – keep up to date with her posts on her Facebook page or via her blog.
SICILIAN FENNEL SALAD
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 2 large oranges
- handful of dried cranberries
- bunch of fresh dill
- fennel fronds
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- On top of a bowl peel and slice the oranges into small segments, removing the membrane when you come across it. Squeeze remaining juice in the bowl. Slice the fennel, ideally with a mandolin, or as thinly as you can. Reserve the fronds.
- Roughly chop the dill and fennel fronds and add to the oranges and fennel.
- Toss the fennel, orange slices and dill in a bowl together. Add the cranberries.
- Generously drizzle with olive oil and salt to taste.